Do I need an EIN and how do I get it?

Do I need an EIN and how do I get it?

Yes - you need an EIN. The IRS no longer accepts Social Security Numbers to file this tax.

To apply for your EIN, pick up the IRS Form SS4 and fill it out. You can either mail it in, or fax it in. If you choose to fax, call the IRS at 800-829-4933. Tell them your SS4 is ready and ask for the fax number. They can send you a fax conformation back letting you know your EIN.

If you need help, call us at 888-802-4299 and we'll help you fill it out.

These brand new EIN numbers take up to 15 days to get entered into the IRS e-file computer systems. So be sure to plan enough time to get your EIN and get e-filed in time.

Back to the Support Center