ResourcesNew IRS Regulations for Paid Preparers - if you are paid to prepare a Form 2290 or any other federal tax form, then you are a Paid Preparer. You are now required to register for a PTIN from the IRS. You can always contact us for details, but we recommend you register right away. The IRS Will audit what they are calling Paid Preparers, and ignorance is not an excuse.
- IRS PTIN Registration System - This link will allow you to register for an IRS PTIN. It will take about 20 min, and has an annual cost of $64.25. You are required to have a PTIN if you prepare any federal tax return for a fee. Call us with your questions.
- IRS e-services. - This link will allow you to register for an EFIN or Electronic Filers Identification Number. This system will also allow you to register for TIN Matching and other IRS services you may find useful.
- To register for a Paid Preparer Account on 2290Tax.com. - We will then help you stay up to date with policy changes, and other important information.
- www.irs.gov/instructions/i2290/index.html - for instructions on filling out this government form.
- www.irs.gov/advocate for the Tax Payer Advocate Service or
- www.irs.gov/localcontacts if you would like to find out about receiving face to face help from an IRS agent.
- www.irs.gov/help/index.html - an IRS comments and feedback page.
- www.irs.gov/efile - for more information about e-filing, how it works and what you can expect and how you can pay for your tax.
- www.irs.gov/efile/lists/0,,id=172865,00.html - This is where you can see 2290Tax.com listed as an approved e-file provider.
6. www.eftps.gov - for payment information and options.
Phone numbers to call for assistance:
For an EFTPS account800-555-4477
Immediate help with 2290US Phone Number 866-699-4096
International Phone Number 859-669-5733
To Order IRS forms, instructions and publications800-829-3676
To get an EIN #800-829-4933
PTIN Help from the IRS
US Phone Number - 877-613-PTIN (7846)
International Number - 319-464-3272
Tax Payer Advocate Service877-777-4778 OR